Air Fryer Salmon Bites + Fries
Updated: Dec 5, 2020
I love salmon and always have, but unfortunately my toddler is still figuring out how amazing this nutritious fish really is so in the meantime I've been relying these salmon bites because the whole family loves them! They can be made in the oven or pan fried, but my favorite method is air frying because they get extra crispy, stay tender, and cook super quickly so they're ideal for weeknight meals. We recently bought a Ninja Foodi 9-in-1* which has an air crisp setting to air fry and stacking baskets so the fries and salmon can cook simultaneously, but I'm including instructions for standard air fryers as well as ovens so everyone can enjoy these perfect salmon bites and homemade fries.
2 salmon filets
2 cups panko
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1/4 tsp smoked paprika (highly recommend smoked over regular and please avoid sweet paprika)
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tbsp water
avocado oil spray
2 medium russet potatoes
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
salt & pepper
1) Clean potatoes then slice into 1/4 inch sticks. Place into large mixing bowl to toss with avocado oil, salt, and garlic. Set aside.
2) Use paper towels to absorb any excess moisture from salmon filets if needed. Slice salmon filets into 1 inch pieces.
3) Combine panko and seasonings into shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl whisk egg with
1 tbsp water until a bit frothy.
4) Dip salmon pieces in egg mixture then dredge in panko mixture (shaking off excess). Set aside on plate.
Air Fryer with Wire Racks Instructions:
1) Evenly arrange potato slices on bottom basket being careful not to overcrowd. If they do not all fit then plan to cook in batches.
2) Place potato basket in air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
3) While potatoes begin cooking, spray top basket with avocado oil then evenly arrange salmon bites. Spritz top of salmon with avocado oil.
4) Add the second basket to the air fryer once timer runs up. Cook for 10 minutes. Check half way and rearrange salmon pieces if the outer pieces are cooking faster than the inner ones.
5) Check salmon at end of 10 minutes to ensure internal temp of 145 degrees. Remove salmon and set aside.
6) Continue cooking potatoes for about 5 minutes or until tender and crisp.
7) If there were extra potato slices, swap out with cooked pieces and set in air fryer for 12-15 minutes.
8) Serve it all with lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce. Lou and I are partial to Sir Kensington's special sauce!
Air Fryer without Wire Rack Instructions
1) Spray inside of air fryer with avocado oil.
2) Evenly arrange potatoes in air fryer (be careful of overcrowding).
3) Cook potatoes at 380 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Turning halfway.
*Cook fries in 2 batches if they cannot all fit into the air fryer.
4) Respray inside of air fryer with avocado oil spray then evenly arrange salmon pieces. Lightly spray top of salmon with avocado oil.
5) Cook salmon at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until internal temp is 145 degrees. Turn halfway.
6) Serve it all with lemon wedges and dipping sauce!
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Evenly arrange potato slices on half of a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
3) Cook potatoes for 8-10 minutes.
4) Flip potatoes and evenly arrange salmon bites on other half of baking sheet.
5) Cook for 5 minutes then flip salmon and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
6) Remove from oven once salmon is 145 degrees internal temp and fries are desired crispiness.
7) Serve it all with lemon wedges and dipping sauce!
As you can hopefully see, this whole meal is quick and easy. The best part is it will please your littlest eater and the grown-ups. Who doesn't love the nostalgia of fish sticks and fries, but with the bonus of less calories thanks to air frying and more nutrition thanks to salmon. If your family loves these as much as ours then they're sure to be on your regular weekday dinner rotation!
*Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 link is through LiketoKnowIt so I do earn a small commission on purchases made directly through the link (purchases through the Amazon app are excluded).