Pistachio Crusted Salmon
My love of cooking can be attributed to a my family and passion, but my love for pistachios is entirely due to my father. We took countless road trips growing up with my father at the helm of the suburban for each one. A few things on these road trips were guaranteed; lunch stop at McDonald's, Three Amigos in the VCR, and a pack of pistachios in my dad's cup holder.
It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized the untapped potential of pistachios. While I do now love pistachio ice cream and adding them into salads, my favorite use for pistachios is a crumbly topping for salmon. This one is definitely a crowd pleaser and makes for an easy weeknight dinner.
4 salmon filets
1/2 cup pistachios
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup parmesan
salt & pepper to tase
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Add pistachios, parmesan, garlic, oregano, and panko to food processor and pulse.
3) Arrange samlon filets on baking sheet and pat dry. Top with s&p to taste.
4) Sprinkle pistachio mixture on top of salmon to desired thickness and pat down.
5) Bake salmon for 6 minutes (internal temp of 137).
6) Optional: Switch oven to broil then broil for 1 minute for a crispier breading.
7) Remove from oven and serve with a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
This salmon goes great with a variety of sides, but we often quickly air fry Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi topped with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan.