Pesto Chicken Zucchini Boats
Ever since we became a family of 4 back in June, I've focused on dinners that are as easy and quick as they are satisfying and toddler-approved! These Pesto Chicken Zucchini Boats check all the boxes for a weeknight dinner plus the clean up is super minimal.
I love to use Trader Joe's vegan kale, cashew, and basil pesto because it is delicious and requires zero prep, but feel free to make your own pesto or use your favorite store-bought option.
•rotisserie chicken- shredded
•Trader Joe’s vegan pesto (or pesto of choice)
•2 large zucchini
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Halve zucchini long ways then use spoon to scoop out insides (be sure not to go too deep so zucchini won’t fall apart after cooking).
3) In a medium bowl mix 1 cup of shredded chicken with enough pesto to fully coat.
4) Divide chicken and pesto mixture amongst the 4 zucchini boats then too generously with mozzarella.
5) Bake in baking dish more 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. If you would like a little extra crisp on the cheese then switch to high broil for 1-2 minutes (but always keep a close eye when broiling).
I hope y'all enjoy this easy weeknight staple as much as we do! And remember, dinner doesn't have to require a bunch of ingredients in order to please and nourish everyone in the house.