Green Chile Sweet Potato Nachos
I could eat nachos all day everyday. There is nothing better than those little individual bites topped with all the fixin's (especially the melty cheese). In order to increase my nacho intake while also focusing on nutritious meals, I started using sweet potato slices instead of traditional chips. It helps that sweet potatoes are something I always always have on hand so no matter when the craving strikes I'm able to whip up some sweet potato nachos. There really are endless topping options, but my favorite has become green chile chicken with chiptole greek yogurt sauce. The recipe becomes even easier because I shred store bought rotisserie chicken which I can use for other dishes throughout the week as well.
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 can (4.5 oz) green chile
1 cup rotisserie chicken (shredded)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup shredded tex-mex cheese
1/2 cup finely diced white onion and green pepper
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tsp chipotle Tabasco sauce
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
3) Lightly spray aluminum foil lined baking sheet with avocado or olive oil.
4) Evenly arrange sweet potatoes so that none overlap.
5) Combine cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder then sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
8) Bake sweet potatoes for 10 minutes
9) While sweet potatoes cook, combine green chiles with shredded chicken.
10) Flip sweet potatoes then bake for additional 5 minutes.
11) Top sweet potatoes with cheese then chicken then onions and green peppers.
12) Bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Option to broil on high for 2 minutes if you want it a little crisper.
13) Mix chipotle Tabasco sauce into greek yogurt for serving.
If you prefer making these vegetarian you can swap out the chicken for shredded jackfruit or black beans.
I'm not kidding when I say this is one of my favorite dishes! Perfect to prep for lunches all week, bring to tailgates to share, or serve along with my Tex-Mex cauliflower rice for family dinner. If you enjoy this recipe please tag @breadandkaleenthusiast on Instagram so I can see yours!