Easiest Taco Salad
Updated: Mar 27, 2020
A couple of weeks ago I made this taco salad only because I had ground beef and romaine lettuce leftover from taco night, but it has quickly become my go-to lunch. The salad itself is incredibly easy to prep, but the real star below is my taco seasoning. My standards for any Tex-Mex are incredibly high, thanks in large part to Joe T Garcia's of Fort Worth, so I've had to fill the Texas-size hole in my heart with homemade goodness. I've tweaked this seasoning so much, but I'm finally confident enough in it to share with all my fellow Tex-Mex lovers. Feel free to make this salad exactly as I do, or add in more goodies like roasted corn, or forgo the salad entirely and make tacos!
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1) Put all ingredients in mason jar then seal and shake to combine...that's it. Store for up to a year and use it for all your taco needs!
Tex-Mex Ground Beef
1 lbs ground beed (can sub turkey or chicken)
2 tbsp taco seasoning (can sub 1 packet of taco seasoning)
1/2 diced yellow onion
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp avocado oil
1) Heat avocado oil over medium heat then add onions and ground beef.
2) Use the back of a spoon to break up beef and cook until browned.
3) Carefully drain excess grease.
4) Stir in taco seasoning and water. Continue to cook until liquid is absorbed.
5) Let cool then serve on top of chopped romaine lettuce with avocado, tortilla chip pieces (my go-to is Siete's), and cilantro lime dressing (I love Primal Kitchen's!). You can also serve immediately as tacos if you don't feel like missing out on the tortilla or with rice and roasted veggies for a taco bowl.
If you use my taco seasoning, but switch up everything else I would love to see! Be sure to follow me on Instagram at BreadandKaleEnthusiast and tag me in pics when you make this or any other recipe! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do (seriously, I CANNOT stop making it!)