Air Fryer Greek Chicken Thighs
Life with a toddler can be pretty unpredictable so even though I love experimenting with new recipes I've come to rely on a handful of meals that keep everyone's tastebuds and stomachs happy (and keep mama sane!). Air fried Greek chicken thighs with blistered green beans and couscous is one of our current go-to's because it is delicious, quick, easy, and toddler approved. Air frying helps cut down on cook time and I love the extra crisp it gives to the chicken thigh skin (optional to remove the skin before serving if preferred). Blistered green beans have been a favorite since I accidentally discovered the technique a handful of years ago. Using boxed couscous adds to the ease of this meal because you can find a healthy, flavorful option like Near East at just about any grocery store (eventually I want to develop my own recipe for couscous to pair with this, but my unpredictable toddler hasn't been giving me the time to recipe test recently).
Feel free to mix-and-match the chicken recipe any way you prefer! It works great shredded then tossed into a salad, or served with any of your favorite sides.
Air Fried Greek Chicken Thighs
4 Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
4 tbsp olive or avocado oil
1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp oregano
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1) Combine marinade ingredients in gallon Ziploc bag or bowl then add chicken thighs. Toss to even coat thighs with marinade. Let sit for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator
2) Heat air fryer to 400 degrees (I usually give mine about 5 minutes to fully warm).
3) Evenly spray air fryer basket with avocado or olive oil.
4) Add chicken thighs to air fryer basket skin side down (make sure they do not overlap). Cook for 10 minutes.
5) Flip chicken thighs then continue cooking for 10 minutes (or until 165 degrees internal temp).
6) Remove and plate.
While chicken thighs are cooking, prepare blistered green beans and couscous (according to package). I prefer Near East's pearled couscous (basil & herb flavor pictured above).
Blistered Green Beans
12 oz haricot vert green beans
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
lemon juice for serving
1) Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add green beans to pan once hot.
3) Toss green beans every 1-2 minutes and cook for about 10 minutes total.
Serve everything together and enjoy a satisfying, healthy meal. I really do hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do because I've been making it every week recently, but wouldn't be against making it even more frequently because the chicken is just that good.